Skyhour is a fully funded technology start-up rooted in New York (sales, marketing and ops) and Lisbon (tech).
We are looking for a highly proficient, reliable and independent DevOps Engineer to design, implement and maintain our back-end infrastructure.
We are building from the ground up a mass market product, accessible through a client-facing application distributed to different platforms. The same back-end infrastructure serves the different versions of the application, is in continuous development and needs to be able to scale without compromise.
You will coordinate with our development team in Lisbon and our CTO (who is currently performing all sysadmin tasks solo) to ensure the development cycle and deployments overall run smoothly and according to plan.
We are a team of highly motivated technologists, all cliches aside, who love be able to use our know-how to build something we believe in. We are currently obsessed with changing the way people (especially young travelers) experience air travel.
We value quality over team size, each of us is able to play a big role in our small team because we really are at our best when working together. We strive to always use the best tools & approach for the job even if that means adapting, we love opinions as long as they’re not biased… 🙂
We share a belief in our own approach to agile, we all agree that the best way to work in a tech team is to have an uncluttered system which everyone can easily adapt to. Be it in person, partially or even fully remote we are happy to accommodate any mindset as long as it makes sense for all sides.
Most importantly we make a point to share the success we all work for.
- Design, implement and maintain our back-end infrastructure
- Coordinate with the development team
- Ensure stability, speed and scalability of deployments
- No degree required
- Extensive experience as systems administrator or similar
- Fluent in English
- Real experience with Linux, *BSD or similar
- Experience managing public facing, hight load and fully scalable deployments
- Extensive experience with Cloud services
- Preferred experience with: AWS EC2, Lambda, ELB, RDS, ElastiCache, API Gateway, DynamoDB
- Other vendors/services applicable
- Experience with automation tools
- Experience with database engines
- Experience with monitoring tools
- Experience deploying and managing micro-services
Nice to have
- Gitlab CI
- Cloud Formation
- Competitive salary and access to option pool
- Option to work remotely
- Free skyhours, to fly anywhere you want
- Generous equipment budget